Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Day 12 -- Monday, June 28 -- "Don't Want to do that Again"

 Monday, June 28 -- My anniversary.  Oh my!!  Not celebrating with my sweetie.  Hopefully, we can make up for it when I get home.


Our plan is to fly through the maze of the Grand Canyon and then on to the hottest places we've landed, KBVU (NV), KEED (CA), and KHII (Lake Havasu, AZ).

Here is the flight plan.


Our plan was quickly aborted after take off.  It is a good thing to always have plan B and C available.  The take off was more difficult than expected and the winds were whipping us around.  I didn't want to be over the Grand Canyon on a day like that.  The view was still beautiful.





                                        Our views near the Grand Canyon as we left KPGA.




                                                            Flying over Hoover Dam



                                                        KBVU - Boulder City, NV




 Have you ever heard of Needles, CA?  Here it is -- hot, windy, and not much there.  There is an electrical sub station near the end of the runway.


After take off, which was difficult because of the heat and high density altitude, we followed the river for a 20 minute flight to Lake Havasu, AZ (KHII).  It was only 103 degrees LOL when we landed before 10:00 am.


Brent was there to greet us and get MOJO in the hangar.  He has a really nice smile.  THANK YOU, Desert Skies for taking care of us.





                                                    Look at these cool Desert Skies trucks.

When you need to cool down in Lake Havasu, Desert Skies FBO has a nice chess set.


Here is "trucker Claudette" again.  THANK YOU Pam Rudolph for loaning us your car. 


Look who showed up in Lake Havasu the same night as we did -- our Virginie Rollin and her friend, Laurie.  Virginie is moving to California and is transitioning her plane from Florida  to California.


We are the last of the Classic Air Tour to arrive in Lake Havasu.  The Havasu 99s, Pam, Shannon, and Frances met us for dinner.  What a great group of ladies AND they are all pilots!



2 comments:

  1. It was awesome that we got to see you there, that was a great unplanned meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'BEST LAID PLANS' right?
    Myra I want to add to the comment about having a plan B & C. The really good pilots have these alternate plans!

    I love the aerials of the dams. Really spectacular and exciting to see the different perspective.

    Could that WIND SOCK get any straighter? I don't think so! Wow, I don't know if I've ever seen that in all my flights with Claudette! I'm pretty sure Claudette' flown me here before. At least the photo of the hangar looks familiar.

    I'm guessing you didn't need any brakes after landing in that headwind, in-fact maybe yours was power-on landing. Whew! That must have been tough!

    I'm impressed. Well done AGAIN Myra!

    Cheers to you both!
    Dan Miller

    ReplyDelete